Greens with Carrots
Try the sweet taste of carrots contrasted with kale in a yummy soy sauce marinade!
Recipe Source: FoodHero.org
- 8 cups greens (try kale, bok choy, collard, mustard, or others)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cut julienne (thin strips) or coarsely shredded
- 1 clove garlic, minced (or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander (optional)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- Wash greens and separate leaves from stems if needed. Slice stems crosswise, if using. Chop or slice leaves into thin strips.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat (350 degrees in an electric skillet).
- Add carrots and stems if separated; cook for 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add greens, salt, pepper, coriander and cayenne, if desired. Stir often.
- When greens have turned bright green and begun to wilt, remove from heat. Sprinkle vinegar and soy sauce over the top. Toss gently and serve.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.