Grilled Vegetable Packets
Veggies are wrapped in foil and cooked on the grill for an easy side dish to your cookout. Don’t have a grill? This recipe can also be made in the oven.
Recipe Source: MyPlate Kitchen
- 2 zucchini, small (sliced)
- 2 yellow squash, small (sliced)
- 4 red potatoes, small (scrubbed well and sliced)
- 1/2 red onion (sliced)
- 1/2 bell pepper (red or green, seeded and sliced)
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing, light
- salt and pepper (optional, to taste)
- Heat grill to medium heat or 350° F (or heat oven to 400°).
- Wash vegetables and slice.
- Toss vegetables in a large bowl. Add dressing and toss until vegetables are coated.
- Tear 2 large squares of aluminum foil and place half of the vegetable mixture on each piece.
- Place an equal piece of foil over the top of the vegetable mixture and fold bottom piece with top sheet to form a packet.
- Place on heated grill for 20-30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender, or bake in the oven at 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes.
- Empty vegetables onto serving plate or serve from foil packets.