Harvest Kale Apple Salad
This sweet and salty salad has a unique blend of flavors you will love!
Recipe Source: Broome-Tioga BOCES, Rural Health Network
- 4 cups raw kale
- 1 cup of raw apples with skin
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (bottled or freshly squeezed)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Chop kale and dice apples.
- Toss apples in ½ tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Make dressing by combining the rest of the lemon juice, honey, salt, and pepper.
- Slowly add in oil until dressing thickens.
- Add dressing to kale and toss.
- Add apples and dried cranberries to salad mixture.
- Salad is best if made a day before serving.