Harvest Vegetable Salad
Chili powder and lime juice provide a zesty dressing to this salad, which is full of root vegetables.
Recipe Source: What’s Cooking at USDA
- 2 cups romaine lettuce
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1 cup parsnips (peeled)
- 1 cup carrot (peeled)
- 1 cup turnip (peeled)
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Combine romaine lettuce and cilantro, and divide onto four plates.
- Place parsnips, carrots, and turnips Into 1 quart of boiling water. Return water to simmer, cook vegetables for 2 minutes. Strain into a colander.
- Mix ingredients for the dressing right before use.
- Place hot vegetables on top of greens and top with homemade dressing.