Healthy Egg Burrito
Add more veggies to your breakfast with this healthy egg burrito. Try it with any of your favorite veggies or substitute canned beans instead of eggs!
Recipe Source: “Good and Cheap” recipe book by Leanne Brown, pg. 17
- 3-4 Whole Grain Tortillas
- Half A Sweet Red Pepper (diced)
- 1 Tbs Fresh Cilantro or Dill (finely chopped)
- 2 Handfuls of Spinach (chopped)
- Small Red Onion (finely diced)
- 1/4 Cup Grated Cheese (optional)
- 4 Eggs
- 1 tsp Canola oil for the pan
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Crack eggs into a bowl and whisk (or use a fork) to mix well.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat on the stove, and add oil to the pan.
- Add chopped onions to the pan. Use a spatula to saute onions until they are translucent.
- Add red bell pepper and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add spinach and cook until just slightly wilted.
- Pour eggs over all veggies in the pan and swirl around to coat the entire bottom of the pan. Cook by scrambling with a spatula or fold over for an omelet.
- Turn off heat and add cilantro, cheese, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill heated tortillas with mix and fold into a burrito. Serve immediately.