Hearty Chicken and Homemade Noodle Soup
This comforting soup is the perfect recipe to try in the Fall. Try sautéing the chicken with onions and garlic for extra flavor. The recipe can be doubled and frozen for another meal later!
Recipe Source: FoodHero.org
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tablespoons water
3 cups water
- 4 1⁄2 cups low-sodium chicken broth (see notes)
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
- 2 cups mixed vegetables, fresh, canned, or frozen
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Put flour in a medium bowl, make a well in center, and add eggs. Mix well. Add water 1 tablespoon at a time, until dough is stiff but easy to roll.
- Place dough onto a floured surface. Roll dough to ½ inch thickness using a rolling pin or a sturdy, straight sided drinking glass or jar.
- Cut into 1/4 to 1/2 inch strips, about 3-5 inches long. Let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- In a large pot, add water and chicken broth; bring to a boil.
- Add noodles a few at a time to water and chicken broth mixture. Bring the soup back to a boil.
- Add chicken, vegetables, and pepper. Boil for 12-15 minutes or until noodles are tender. Serve warm.
- Refrigerate or freeze within 2 hours.