Hearty Turkey Chili
Serve with cornbread and salad for a classic satisfying meal.
Recipe Source: USDA Soulful Recipes
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (28-ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 2 (15-ounce) cans kidney or pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 package chili seasoning
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- Spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- Brown ground turkey until no longer pink; drain excess fat.
- Add onion and bell pepper and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients. Cover and cook for 20 minutes over low to medium heat. Serve while hot.