Hearty Vegetable Beef Soup
Frozen vegetables, canned tomatoes, and chicken broth make this an easy soup to throw together on a cold work night. Noodles and beef make it extra hearty and comforting.
Recipe Source: MyPlate Kitchen
- 3/4 can chicken broth (low sodium, 14.5 ounces)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups mixed vegetables (frozen, for soup)
- 1 can tomatoes (14.5 ounces, broken up)
- 4 ounces beef (cooked and diced)
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves (crushed)
- 1 dash pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/4 cups noodles (narrow-width, uncooked)
- Heat broth and water. Add vegetables, meat and seasonings. Bring to boil, reduce heat and boil gently, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Add noodles. Cook until noodles are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf. Serve hot.