This delicious southwestern-style dish is a great breakfast or brunch option.
Recipe Source: MSUextension.org
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1/2 of a 16-ounce can of low sodium refried beans (or refried black beans)
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup grated cheese, cheddar or Jack
- 4 Tablespoons salsa
- Place a tortilla in a frying pan on medium heat to soften. Turn over to heat both sides. Keep tortilla warm in 200°F oven. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Heat beans in a small saucepan or in the microwave. Be sure to cover beans when heating in the microwave to prevent splatter.
- Cook eggs according to taste. Generally eggs “over easy” are used, but scrambled eggs work just as well.
- Place two warm tortillas on each plate. Top with the beans and a sprinkle with grated cheese. Place eggs on top of cheese. Top with salsa.