Italian Roasted Snap Peas
This dish celebrates the flavor and crunch of snap peas with a tasty Italian zest.
Recipe Source: EatingWell.com
- 1 large leek, white part only, halved lengthwise and washed
- 1 pound sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut leek halves into 2-inch lengths and then very thinly slice each piece lengthwise, yielding 2-inch-long strips. Toss the leek strips, peas, oil and salt in a medium bowl. Spread evenly on a baking sheet.
- Roast for 15 minutes. Stir in tomatoes. Return to the oven and roast until the vegetables begin to brown, about 10 minutes more. Toss with oregano and serve.