Kale with Nuts and Raisins
Nuts and raisins add protein and fiber to this bright green dish.
Recipe Source: ChooseMyPlate
- 1/4 cup nuts, chopped (walnuts were used for nutritional information but can be substituted with other nuts of choice or seeds)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup kale, stems removed and chopped (1 bunch)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- salt (optional, to taste)
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- On a baking sheet, toast nuts for 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in frying pan on medium heat.
- Add garlic and kale to frying pan and cook for 4 minutes.
- Add raisins and nuts and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add salt to taste (optional)