Pasta Con Cici
“Pasta con Cici” simply means “Pasta with Chickpeas”! This simple one pan meal is ready in minutes and is a family favorite. Feel free to add any other veggies that you like to this dish.
Recipe Source: SNAP4CT
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced (or 1 Tbs pre-minced garlic)
- 3 Tbstomato paste
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas or other white beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup dry pasta(elbows work well)
- ¼ cup olive oil(or vegetable oil of your choice)
- 1½-2 cups boiling water
- In a large pot or skillet, heat the oil.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring until it becomes fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in the tomato paste and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add the chickpeas, pasta, and boiling water. Stir to scrape up any browned bits on the bottom of the pot, lower the heat, and simmer until the pasta is cooked and most of the liquid has been absorbed, about 15 to 20 minutes.