Mango and Blackeye Pea Salsa
This salsa can be served with grilled fish or chicken.
Recipe Source: USDA Soulful Recipes
- 1 (15½-ounce) can blackeye peas, drained and rinsed
- 1½ tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 mango, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- Juice of half a lime
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 4 hours to allow the flavors to blend.
- Serve with baked pita or corn chips.