Try this refreshing salsa as a side or topping. It has the perfect balance of spicy and sweet!
Recipe Source: Cooking Matters
- 2 large, ripe mangoes
- 1 small cucumber
- 2 medium green onions
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper
- 2 medium limes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 medium bell pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- Rinse mangoes, cucumber, green onions, jalapeno pepper, limes, and bell pepper, if using.
- Peel mangoes. Cut mango flesh from the pits.
- Cut cucumber in half lengthwise. Remove seeds. Cut bell pepper in half lengthwise. Remove stems and seeds.
- Dice mangoes, cucumber, and bell pepper. Finely chop green onions.
- Cut jalapeno pepper in half lengthwise. Remove stems and seeds and dice.
- If using, rinse and chop cilantro.
- Cut limes in half. Squeeze juice from halves into bowl. Discard seeds.
- Add mangoes, cucumber, green onions, jalapeno, salt, and cayenne pepper to bowl with juice. Add bell pepper and cilantro. Mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.