Manhattan clam chowder
Try this hearty chowder full of carrots, tomatoes, potatoes, and clams that can be easily made in a slow cooker.
Recipe Source: ChooseMyPlate.gov
- 3 celery (stalks, medium – washed & sliced)
- 1 onion (large, chopped)
- 1/2 cup tomato puree (low sodium)
- 1 1/2 cups potatoes (sliced)
- 1 1/2 cups carrot (washed and sliced)
- 2 cans clams (6 1/2 ounces each, chopped, drained)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons thyme (dried)
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 dashes black peppercorns
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 cups tomato juice (low sodium)
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes (dried)
- Scrub potatoes well to remove any eyes or blemishes.
- In a slow cooker, combine all ingredients; stir.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until the vegetables are tender.
- Remove bay leaf and peppercorns before serving.