Marinated Carrot Salad
This traditional salad is a good source of beta carotene. It is a delicious side dish for meat or fish, and travels well for a picnic lunch.
Recipe Source: Christine Perlin Group
- 1 pound carrots, peeled
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash of white or black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Rinse carrots in cold water.
- Peel carrots, and place in saucepan of water.
- Bring water to boil and cook carrots 20 minutes.
- Slice carrots in 1/4 inch rounds. Dice onion and chop parsley. Put these into a medium size mixing bowl.
- Make marinade. With a fork, mix vinegar, water, sugar, salt & pepper in small bowl. Add oil and mix again.
- Add marinade to vegetables, and stir gently to combine. Refrigerate for 2 or more hours, to mix flavors.
- Serve cold. This salad will keep well in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.