Massaged Kale Salad
This salad is delicious, easy to make, is loaded with nutrients, and keeps for days in the fridge. Dress up this salad with fruit and roasted nuts for a flavor powerhouse!
Recipe Source: Nutrition Stripped
- 2 large handfuls (about 3 cups) raw kale leaves
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced (about 3 tablespoons of lemon juice)
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Strip the kale leaves from the stems using your fingers.
- In a large bowl, combine the de-stemmed kale leaves with 1 tsp. olive oil, juice from 1 lemon (2-3 Tbsp) and salt.
- Put an additional tsp. of olive oil onto your hands to coat.
- Using a massaging action (similar to kneading bread dough), start to tear the leaves apart and massage. Watch video to see how this is done.
- Continue massaging for about 2-5 minutes or until the leaves are softened, the leaves will also turn a more vibrant green.
- Use this as a simple salad, or add toppings of your choice for a complete meal in a bowl.