Mediterranean Beef Stew
This slow-cooked stew is easy to assemble and makes a comforting, hardy meal, that fills your home with delicious smells for hours while it cooks.
Recipe Source: EatFresh.org
- 1 potato, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 carrot medium, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 zucchini chopped
- 1 pound beef stew meat fat trimmed, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes canned, italian-style
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper ground
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon ground
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Place potatoes, carrots, and zucchini in the bottom of a 2-4 quart slow cooker.
- Add beef and remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 5 hours or until meat is tender. (OR, cover and cook on HIGH 1 hour, then reduce to LOW heat and cook on LOW for 7 hours.