Mixed Veggies with Eggs
Eggs are a complete protein, having just the right amount of essential amino acids needed to help build tissue and they are reasonably priced at the store!
Recipe Source: commonthreads.org
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small bag frozen mixed vegetables, thawed (about 12 ounce bag)
- 1 cup spinach (fresh or frozen)
- 4 large eggs
- 6 scallions (about 3/4 cup)
- Salt to taste
- Thaw the bag of frozen vegetables.
- Wash and dry produce.
- Coarsely chop the white and green parts of the scallions.
- Measure out the ingredients.
- In a sauté pan, heat the oil and sauté the vegetables until fully thawed. Add the spinach and cook just until wilted.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs lightly and pour over the vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with scallions.
- Cook over moderate heat until the eggs have set.