Mushroom Bulgur Pilaf
Try this simply prepared Turkish dish!
Recipe Source: FoodHero.org
- 1 cup onion, chopped (1 medium onion)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups mushrooms, sliced or chopped (12 medium button mushrooms)
- 3/4 cup bulgur
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons dry boullion (chicken or vegetable)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups packed fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- Use a medium saucepan or skillet with a tightly fitting lid. Over medium heat, sauté onions in oil in the open pan until they are softened.
- Add mushrooms and sauté until beginning to brown, stirring frequently.
- Stir in bulgur and continue to stir until lightly browned.
- Add water, bouillon, garlic powder, and pepper. Cover pan with lid.
- Reduce heat to low. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until bulgur is tender and liquids are absorbed.
- Remove from heat. Mix in the spinach and serve.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.