Oatmeal Zucchini Muffins
Enjoy these tasty muffins loaded with walnuts for a quick breakfast or snack on the go. Recipe can also be made in a loaf pan with adjusted cook time.
Recipe Source: web.uri.edu
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- ⅔ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease two muffin tins.
- In a large bowl, beat together sugar, eggs, oil, and vanilla. Add flour, oats, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Mix just until dry ingredients are moist.
- Squeeze excess liquid from shredded zucchini. Stir zucchini and walnuts, if using, into batter.
- Spoon batter into muffin tins to make 24 muffins. Bake 15 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely before removing from pan.