One-Pot Chicken Alfredo
This easy dish requires only one pan, making it great for a quick dinner with easy clean-up. Try with any veggies you like! Use whole wheat pasta instead to increase fiber and make this a whole grain meal.
Recipe Source: FoodHero.org
- 1 large chicken breast, cubed (about one cup)
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 1 3⁄4 cups nonfat or 1% milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 cups dry penne pasta
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown chicken in oil.
- Add flour, broth, milk, spices and pasta to skillet and stir well.
- Bring to a boil; cover; reduce heat; simmer until pasta is almost tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add broccoli, cover, and cook until broccoli is tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.