Oven Fried Chicken with Summer Squash
This dish is a great way to bring the family to the table.
Recipe Source: USDA Soulful Recipes
- 1 cup finely crushed cornflakes
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup evaporated skim milk
- 1 pound chicken breasts, skin removed and cut into 6 pieces
- nonstick cooking spray
- ½ tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 medium zucchinis, cut into thin, short strips
- 3 medium yellow squash, cut into thin, short strips
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Place an oven rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- In a small bowl, combine cornflakes, salt, ground black pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Place evaporated milk in a separate bowl. Dip chicken pieces in milk and roll in crushed cornflake mixture, lightly coating both sides.
- Spray a roasting pan with nonstick cooking spray and arrange chicken pieces on the pan in a single layer. Bake for 30 minutes.
- While the chicken is baking, heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sauté garlic in oil for about 3 minutes. Add zucchini, yellow squash, and oregano; continue to cook until tender, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Serve each piece of chicken over 1 cup of zucchini and yellow squash mixture.