This recipe is easy and delicious. Great for breakfast on the go. Flavored yogurt could be substituted for extra sweetness. Try with any combination of fruit you have on hand!
Recipe Source: ChooseMyPlate
- 1 cup uncooked old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat or 1% milk
- 1⁄2 cup berries, fresh or frozen
- 1⁄2 cup chopped apple (about 1/3 a medium apple [3” diameter])
- In a medium bowl, mix oats, yogurt and milk.
- Add the fruit now or add just before eating.
- Cover and refrigerate oatmeal mixture for 6-12 hours. (For grab-and-go breakfasts, place scoops of mixture in small dishes or spoon into small jars with lids.)
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.