Peachy Peanut Butter Pita
Packed with fresh fruit, this pita pocket makes a wonderful breakfast, lunch, or snack. If you don’t have peaches, try with plums or nectarines.
Recipe Source: myplate.gov
- 2 pita pockets (medium, whole wheat)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (reduced fat, chunky)
- 1/2 apple (cored and thinly sliced), about 1/2 cup
- 1/2 banana (thinly sliced), about 1/2 cup
- 1/2 peach or nectarine (fresh, thinly sliced), about 1/4 cup
- Cut pitas in half to make 4 pockets and warm in the microwave for about 10 seconds to make them more flexible.
- Carefully open each pocket and spread a thin layer of peanut butter on the inside walls.
- Fill with a combination of apple, banana, and peach slices.
- Serve at room temperature. Refrigerate any leftovers.