Fluffy, pumpkin pancakes will delight your taste buds at breakfast or dinner. Top with raisins, sliced banana or applesauce.
Recipe Source: foodhero.org
- 1 egg
- ½ cup canned pumpkin
- 1 ¾ cups nonfat or 1% milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons raisins (optional, to make faces)
- Combine eggs, pumpkin, milk and oil in large mixing bowl.
- Add flour, brown sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt to egg mixture. Stir gently.
- Lightly spray a large saute pan, skillet or griddle with non-stick cooking spray or lightly wipe with oil. Heat, saute pan, skillet or griddle over medium-high heat (300 degrees in an electric skillet). Using a 1/4 cup measure, pour batter on hot griddle.
- Put a face on the pancake, using raisins for eyes and teeth. Drop raisins in batter while it cooks.
- Pancakes are ready to turn when tops are bubbly all over, and the edges begin to appear dry. Use a quick flip with a broad spatula to turn pancakes. Turn only once. Continue to bake until bottoms are brown and dry.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.