Pumpkin Pasta with Spinach
Creamy pumpkin and spinach pasta is an easy one pot pasta dish.
Recipe Source: MyPlate Super Simple Cookbook
- 8 oz. short whole wheat pasta (bowtie, shells, spirals)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 cup water or chicken broth
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- Parmesan cheese for serving
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil, onion and garlic. Stir occasionally until softened.
Add the tomato paste, pumpkin, and water or broth, whisking to combine.
Reduce heat to low and cook about 5 minutes, or until sauce thickens slightly.
- Add the spinach and cooked pasta, tossing gently until spinach wilts and the sauce coats the mixture.
- Top with walnuts and serve with Parmesan cheese.