Quinoa and Carrot Salad
Quinoa is a plant based protein that provides all the essential amino acids.
Recipe Source: commonthreads.org
- 2 carrots (about 1 cup)
- 1 scallion (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger (or 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger)
- 1 cup quinoa (any kind)
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth (or other desired broth)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup peas (fresh, or frozen)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Wash and dry the carrots, scallion, and lemon.
- Peel and grate carrots, and finely chop the scallion.
- Slice the lemon in half and squeeze the juice into a small bowl.
- Peel and mince ginger.
- Rinse quinoa until water runs clear. Then cook according to instructions on the package.
- Measure out the ingredients.
- In a large bowl, add quinoa, carrots, and scallions.
- Mix in ginger, carrots, scallion, and peas.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice and oil.
- Season with salt and pepper and toss with salad.