Rice Bowl Breakfast with Fruit and Nuts
Use a combination of fresh, canned, frozen and dried fruit in this recipe. You can use any leftover cooked grain in this recipe. Try white or wild rice, quinoa, barley or oatmeal.
Recipe Source: foodhero.org, Rice Bowl Breakfast with Fruit and Nuts
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup nonfat or 1% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped fruit (try a mixture – apples, bananas, raisins, berries, peaches)
- 2 tablespoons chopped nuts (try unsalted walnuts or almonds)
- Combine cooked rice, milk and cinnamon in a microwave-safe bowl.
Microwave on HIGH for 45 seconds. Stir and heat for another 45-60 seconds, or until rice mixture is heated through.
- Divide rice mixture between two bowls. Top with fruit and nuts. Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.