Roast Chicken with Oranges
To “chicken out” means to be scared. This easy, hearty meal is nothing to be afraid of.
Recipe Source: ChopChopFamily.org
- 4 chicken thighs, trimmed of excess fat
- 1 red onion, peeled and sliced (about 2 cups)
- 2 small oranges, peeled, seeded, and sectioned
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lemon, peeled, seeded and cut into quarters
- Turn the oven on and set the heat to 450 degrees.
- Put the chicken, onion, and oranges on a baking sheet. Be sure nothing overlaps with anything else. Sprinkle the chicken with the salt and pepper.
- Once the oven temperature has reached 450 degrees, put the baking sheet in the oven and cook until the chicken is browned on top and cooked inside and the onions and fruit have softened and darkened, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Chicken is done when you poke it with a knife and clear liquid runs out. Remove the chicken skin if you like.
- Move the chicken to a large plate or platter. Squeeze the lemon juice over the fruit and onions and then top the chicken with the roasted fruit mixture.