Roast Turkey Breast with Rosemary, Sage, and Thyme
Perfect for a holiday gathering, this roast turkey breast can be prepared in less time than a whole turkey. Enjoy!
Recipe Source: US Dept. of Agriculture, SNAPed Connection
- 3 pounds turkey breast half (with skin and bones)
- 1 onion, large quartered
- 1 carrot, large quartered
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper (to taste, optional)
- chicken broth (or margarine, for basting, optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place turkey breast in roasting pan along with onion and carrot.
- Mix spices with olive oil. Rub turkey with olive oil.
- Roast turkey at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes. Baste with margarine and chicken broth (optional).
- Reduce turkey temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and roast turkey, basting every 20 minutes with pan juices (or margarine and chicken broth), about 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until meat thermometer inserted in thick part of meat registers 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove to carving board and let rest for 10 minutes.