Roasted Beet Salad
This creamy and colorful quesadilla will leave you feeling completely satisfied with all of its brilliant flavors.
Recipe Source: jsyfruitveggies.org recipe
- 4 beets, greens removed
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups lettuce
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place beets on large square of foil. Close up foil tightly. Place on baking sheet.
- Roast beets for one hour or until beets are tender.
- Let cool slightly and remove beets from foil.
- Rub off beet skins with a paper towel. Slice the beets.
- In a large bowl, mix together the mustard, vinegar, oil and sugar.
- Add beets to bowl. Stir gently.
- Serve over the lettuce and enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers.