Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Shallots
This easy side dish combines the natural sweetness of caramelized shallots with the earthiness of Brussels sprouts, a fall favorite.
Recipe Source: eatingwell.com/recipes
- 24 small shallots
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, preferably small
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Peel shallots, leaving the root ends intact so they’ll hold together. Place on a large sheet of foil; sprinkle 1 tablespoon oil over the top. Seal the packet and bake until the shallots are tender, about 45 minutes. Remove from foil and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, remove the outer leaves from Brussels sprouts and trim the stems. Cut the small sprouts in half and quarter the larger ones. Place the shallots and Brussels sprouts in a roasting pan. Toss with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and salt.
- Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees F. Roast, tossing twice during cooking, until the Brussels sprouts are tender and lightly browned, 25 to 35 minutes.