Roasted Delicata Squash Smiles
This recipe is so simple and you and your family are guaranteed to love the flavor of this sweet squash! Squash is an excellent source of vitamin A and also provides many minerals.
Recipe Source: fingerlakeseatsmartnewyork.org Roasted Delicata Squash Smiles
- 3 delicata squash (about 10/12 ounces per each squash)
- 1 ½ tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 ½ tablespoon brown sugar
- Cooking spray for pan
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Cut off the ends of the squash. Stand each on a flat end and cut in half lengthwise. Remove seeds and stringy flesh with a metal spoon. Place the squash halves cut side down on the cutting board and cut into 1/2 inch slices (“smiles”).
- Arrange the squash smiles on the prepared pan. Brush the squash with vegetable oil and sprinkle on the brown sugar, aiming to distribute these ingredients as evenly as possible on the squash.
- Place in the oven and bake until the brown sugar is just melted and the smiles are just golden. This should take about 20 minutes in the oven.