Rock n' Roasted Veggies
These roasted vegetables are sure to delight your whole family – they are easy to prepare and taste great!
Recipe Source: Modified from a recipe by Broom-Tioga BOCES and Rural Health Network
- 5 oz. Carrots, raw
- 5 oz. Beets, raw
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable oil, canola
- ¼ teaspoon Salt, table
- ¼ teaspoon Spices, pepper, black
- ½ teaspoon Honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Chop carrots and beets into 1-inch pieces.
- Mix together carrots with ⅔ of oil, salt, pepper, and honey.
- Mix together beets with 1/3 of oil, salt, pepper, and honey.
- Roast on separate pans at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15-20 minutes, stirring halfway through. Baking times may differ depending on the oven and size of carrots/beets.
- When they are done roasting, gently mix together carrots and beets.