Ty these salmon loaves on a whole wheat bun, over a bed of lettuce, or just by themselves!
Recipe Source: teamnutrition.usda.gov
- 1 cup cooked salmon, skinless, boneless (fresh, frozen, or canned – drained and flaked)
- 1 egg, large, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped onion
- 1/4 cup tomatoes (fresh or canned low sodium/ no added salt)
- 3 Tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 Teaspoon of onion, dried, minced
- 1 Tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 cups of salad greens
- 1/4 cup red peppers,
- 1/2 cup of beets (fresh or canned)
- Whole wheat buns or whole grain flat bread
- Wash hands.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, break salmon apart with a fork.
- Add egg, tomatoes, onions, cilantro, bread crumbs and rest of the spices and mix together.
- Divide salmon mixture into 3 even portions (about 3 oz each).
- Shape each portion into a salmon cake/loaf and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes
Optional Serving Choices:
- Serve one salmon cake as part of a salad with lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers and sliced beets.
- Serve salmon cake as a burger using whole wheat buns. Add one salmon cake, lettuce, cucumbers, beets and guacamole.