Salsa Pinto Beans
Using your favorite salsa for flavor – these beans are a delicious and oh-so-easy side dish or addition to tacos, burritos, or with chips.
Recipe Source: MyPlate.gov
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or canola oil)
- 1 onion (medium, chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (minced, or
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 2 cans pinto beans (15 ounces each, drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup salsa
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook until tender.
- Stir in the beans and salsa.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Try serving over rice, pasta, or baked potato.