Sausage and Greens Stew
This hearty recipe is made simply in a slow cooker for easy prep and clean-up, and can be doubled for leftovers or a larger meal!
Recipe Source: ChopChopFamily.org
- 1/2 pound dried beans
- 1/4 pound sausage sliced lengthwise and chopped
- 1 onions small, chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 cups water low-sodium or chicken broth low-sodium
- 1 bunch kale leaves cut into bite-sized pieces or collard greens leaves cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar or red wine vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Combine the beans, sausage, onion, celery, and thyme in a slow cooker.
- Add the broth and stir to combine. Cover and cook on low for 7–8 hours or on high for 4–5 hours.
- 30 minutes before serving, add the greens. Cover and cook on high until the greens are tender.
- Add the vinegar and salt and pepper to taste.