Slow Cooked Meat and Onion Stew
This recipe is flavorful and delicious, using your choice of beef, pork, or chicken you can have a hot and hearty meal requiring very little prep.
Recipe Source: EatFresh.org
- 2 pounds beef, pork, or chicken (fat and skin trimmed off for whichever meat you choose)
- 3/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 onions small, chopped
- 4 potatoes medium, chopped
- 4 carrots chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 10 3/4 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 2 ounces dry onion soup mix package
- Wash hands. and sanitize prep surfaces.
- With a fork or knife, poke several holes in meat.
- Set meat in a bowl or resealable bag and cover with Worcestershire sauce. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight. (If using a bag make sure to put in a bowl or on a plate when stored in the fridge, in case of any leakage.)
- Place all ingredients other than potatoes in a slow cooker.
- Add 3 cups of water.
- Cook on high for 3 hours.
- Add potatoes and cook on low until done, 3–4 more hours.