Spaghetti with Meat Sauce
This is an easy and delicious dinner everyone will enjoy. Use lean ground turkey, beef, or try with mushrooms instead to make it vegetarian!
Recipe Source: EatFresh.org
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 1 bell pepper (finely chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 pound turkey lean, ground
- 6 ounces tomato paste (canned)
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes (canned, low-sodium)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound pasta (preferably whole wheat)
- Heat olive oil in a medium pot over medium heat.
Cook onion and bell pepper until softened.
- Add turkey and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally for 8–10 minutes until meat is no longer pink. Add tomato paste and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes with their juice, oregano, basil, salt, and ground black pepper. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 15–20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain well.
- Serve sauce over cooked pasta.