Spring Green Salad
Brighten up your salad with spinach and strawberries straight from the farmer’s market or your garden!
Recipe Source: foodhero.org recipe
- 6 ounces spinach (about 7 cups)
- 3 oranges
- 1 1⁄2 cups strawberries, halved
- 1 cup walnut pieces (toasted if desired)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 Tablespoons orange juice (juice from 1/4 orange)
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 2 Tablespoons salad oil
- Wash and dry spinach, tear into pieces, and chill.
- To prepare orange: Cut off peel and membrane of outer part of the sections.
- Using a paring knife gently cut out sections from membrane edges. You end up with orange sections with no outer membrane.
- Combine all ingredients in a jar and shake well or blend in a blender.
- Right before serving, toss orange and strawberries with walnuts and spinach.
- Add dressing to coat salad.
- Serve immediately.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.