Squash, Green Bean and Corn Soup
This recipe will be a hit with your family! It has enough spice for flavor, but not so much that it turns off the younger kids.
Recipe Source: Modified from a FirstNations.org Recipe
- ½ lbs. lean pork or beef
- 10 oz. bag frozen corn (or fresh/canned equivalent)
- 10 oz. bag frozen green beans (or fresh/canned equivalent)
- 4 cups diced squash (any except acorn)
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups low-sodium broth or cooking stock
- (Optional) seasonings or fresh herbs
- Trim all visible fat from meat and cut into cubes about ½ square and add to large pot.
- Cover meat with water and broth.
- Add seasonings and simmer about 30 minutes.
- Add squash and corn; cook about 15-20 minutes longer. If using zucchini or summer squash, cook only about 10 minutes.