Strawberry Cucumber Salad
This salad is a bright and tasty addition to your next spring or summer meal.
Recipe Source: FoodHero.org
- 2 Tablespoons nonfat or low-fat plain yogurt
- 4 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon honey or brown sugar (see notes)
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon prepared mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons oil
- ¾ teaspoon poppy seeds (optional)
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 ½ cups thinly sliced cucumber
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt, vinegar, honey, onion powder, mustard, salt, lemon juice, oil and poppy seeds, if desired. Mix well.
- In a large bowl, add the strawberry and cucumber slices. Pour the dressing over and gently mix until evenly coated.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.