Stuffed Green Peppers
These tasty stuffed peppers make a delicious and filling entree. Use brown rice to increase your whole grains.
Recipe Source: ChooseMyPlate.gov
- 4 green pepper (large, washed)
- 1 pound turkey, ground, 85% lean
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 1/2 cup onion (peeled and chopped)
- 1 1/2 cup tomato sauce, unsalted
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- Cut around the stem of the green peppers. Remove the seeds and the pulpy part of the peppers.
- Wash, and then cook green peppers in boiling water for five minutes. Drain well.
- In saucepan, brown turkey. Add rice, onion, 1/2 cup tomato sauce and black pepper.
- Stuff each pepper with the mixture and place in casserole dish.
- Pour the remaining tomato sauce over the green peppers.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.