Sweet Potato Fries
Give these oven baked fries a try for an easy and healthy snack or side!
Recipe Source: cookingmatters.org
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1½ teaspoons paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Scrub and rinse sweet potatoes. Pat dry with a paper or kitchen towel.
- Leaving skin on, cut sweet potatoes into thick French fry strips, about ½-inch wide.
- In a large bowl, mix paprika, salt, ground black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Add oil. Blend with a fork until there are no lumps.
- Add sweet potato strips to the bowl. Toss until they are coated on all sides.
- Coat baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Place sweet potatoes in a single layer on the sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Turn fries over and bake another 10-15 minutes, or until fries are tender.