Thai Pineapple Chicken
A deliciously sweet and savory dish featuring chicken, fresh pineapple, and bell peppers.
Recipe Source: MyPlate.gov
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 Tablespoons peanut or canola oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 medium onion, cut into chunks
- 2 cups cut broccoli and stems
- 2 cups fresh or canned pineapple chunks
- 1 fresh lime, divided
- 1 Tablespoon Thai fish sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Thai chili sauce
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a large skillet. Add cubed chicken, stir fry for 4-5 minutes until chicken is done. Remove from skillet.
- Heat remaining oil. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add bell pepper, onion, and broccoli; cook for 5 minutes.
- Add pineapple; cook an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Return chicken to skillet and stir in juice from 1/2 lime, fish sauce, chili sauce, and cilantro. Cook for 1 more minute.
- Serve over brown rice with lime wedges.