Tomato and Lentil Curry
A speedy, one pot meal with a flavorful twist.
MyPlate Super Simple Cookbook
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. curry powder
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup lentils, rinsed and picked over
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- Cooked brown rice
- Cilantro for garnishing
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium-low heat. Add onion, garlic, and curry powder. Cook 5-10 minutes until onions are soft and the spices are fragrant.
- Add water, lentils, tomatoes, and salt to the saucepan. Bring to a boil and then adjust to a simmer, cooking 30-40 minutes or until lentils are soft.
- Serve lentils over cooked brown rice and garnish with chopped cilantro.