A quick, nutritious breakfast, lunch, or snack that kids will love!
Recipe Source: FoodHero.org
- ¼ cup shredded cheese (try cheddar, mozzarella or a blend)
- 1 Tablespoon low-fat mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 English muffins, halved or 2 bread slices (try whole wheat)
- 1 medium tomato, cut into 4 slices or diced
- In a small bowl, combine cheese, mayonnaise and mustard.
- Spread cheese mixture evenly over English muffin halves or bread slices.
Oven or Toaster Oven Method:
- Broil or toast until cheese melts, 2-3 minutes.
- Place tomatoes on each sandwich.
- Serve ‘as-is’ or broil to heat the tomato, 2-3 minutes.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add sandwiches bread side down.
- Cover and heat until cheese melts, 7-8 minutes.
- Top with tomatoes before or after heating.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.