Two Bean and Corn Salad
Try this quick and easy salad as a condiment on grilled fish or chicken dishes.
Recipe Source: Soulful Recipes (ca.gov)
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 small jalapeño peppers, seeded and chopped (optional)
- In a large bowl, whisk oil, vinegar, and cumin.
- Add remaining ingredients and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 1 hour to allow flavors to blend.