Veggie Pizza Pockets
Don’t want to turn on your oven or stove today? This veggie pizza pita is a delicious option that is made in the microwave. Top pizza with your favorite veggies.
Recipe Source: myplate.gov
- pita, whole wheat (cut around the sides, into flats)
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce, low sodium
- 2 slices mozzarella cheese, part-skim
Pick 2 from the following vegetables:
- green & red peppers
sliced mushrooms, chopped
- tablespoon broccoli, chopped
- tablespoon red onion, chopped
- spinach, shredded
** 1 Tablespoon each of broccoli and red onion used for costing and nutrition analysis.
- Place one pita round, on plate.
- Spread 2 Tablespoons of tomato sauce on pizza.
- Sprinkle various chopped vegetable over sauce.
- Layer two slices of cheese on top of sauce.
- Cover with the other half of pita round.
- Microwave 35-45 seconds, or until cheese melts.